“A good life starts with a quality home.”
- Ali & Solomon, Building Managers
Horizon Housing Society
About Horizon Housing Society
Since 1976, Horizon Housing Society has been providing affordable, integrated and supported homes to Calgarians in need.
- We own and operate 581 units across seven apartment buildings throughout the city. We also own eight supported group homes.
- We serve tenants with a variety of special needs including those with mental health challenges, physical disabilities, families and seniors living below the poverty line and the working poor.
- Providing housing in an integrated environment helps reduce the stigma attached to a particular group and promotes community integration, independent living and acceptance while enhancing the quality of life for our tenants.
- All of our apartment buildings have an on-site property manager.
- Partnering non-profit organizations refer tenants to us as well as provide required support.
- On average, a one-bedroom apartment is 54% less per month than the average market rate.
- We subscribe to the Housing First principle; housing is the foundational element to every Calgarian’s well-being.
- We currently have 22 full-time staff.