“A good life starts with a quality home.”
- Ali & Solomon, Building Managers
Horizon Housing Society
About Horizon Housing Society
We work to ensure every Calgarian has a place to call home. Since 1976, we have been providing affordable, integrated and supportive homes to vulnerable Calgarians.
- We own and operate 742 units across eight apartment buildings throughout the city. We also own eight supported group homes.
- We serve families and individuals with a variety of special needs, including those with mental health and mobility challenges, the working poor and those leaving addiction, homelessness and domestic violence.
- Our mixed income, mixed use approach helps reduce stigma, promotes community integration, and enhances quality of life for our residents.
- All of our apartment buildings have an on-site property manager.
- Our more than 35 social service chariy partners refer residents and provide social supports.
- On average, a one-bedroom apartment is 54% less per month than the average market rate.
- We subscribe to the Housing First principle; housing is the foundational element to every Calgarian’s well-being.
- Our small but mighty team of 25 full-time staff works to serve residents and partners while ensuring quality homes.